Monday, October 15, 2007

The New Game!

We thought we would tell you about the new game we played at Allegany this year.
We call it Ladder Golf or Hillbilly Horseshoes but there are many other names for it.

Chris built the "ladders" out of 3/4" PVC pipe. He cut everything to length and bought fittings for all of the connections.
Here we are playing teams.

Each rung of the ladder has a point value, and each bola left hanging on a rung at the end of a round scores that many points.

He made the bolas out of golf balls and 3/16" nylon rope. The bola is a length of rope attached to two objects, one at each end. He drilled holes in old golf balls, spray painted them and tied them on the rope. He used hot glue on the ropes near the knots to keep the balls at the ends.

We had a lot of fun playing the game. I think we played it on Saturday, Sunday and Monday.

If you have any questions about the game let us know.


6 comments:

Tammy said...

Well, ain't that nifty! The bola's look like the old clackers we used to play with as kids...only they were big hard marbles that got banned from our school because too many people were knocking themselves in the head with them....

Hope you are having a wonderful day!

Ann said...

That looks like a really fun game. Great for camping! I loved reading about your weekend trip. To bad about the reunion! I guess that happens sometimes. Baby J is sure a sweetie! You would not get me in those caves! No way! Have a great week and thanks for stopping by.

Carole Burant said...

Hello dear Chris & Laurie:-) It's been such a busy last few days I haven't had much time for visiting blogs...now I'm trying to catch up!! Love, love, love your new background and header...I see the trees are tossing their leaves all over your blog! hehe Love it! I made a new Halloween header for myself but not having PSP or any program like that, it didn't really turn out how I wanted it! lol I so enjoyed catching up on your latest posts, all the pictures from the camping weekend were terrific and it sure looks like a great time was had:-) I'm very interested in this new game...could you email me the rules and point system to it?? It's something my family would love to play at our get togethers!! xox

Crystal said...

We've played that game! It's lots of fun! Your trip looks like it was a great time, even if some things didn't quite work out. Those who were there have wonderful new memories which is so important! Thanks for sharing!

Rosie's Whimsy said...

First let me say "Thanks so much" for visiting me at my blog so that I could have the pleasure of visiting you right back!

This is indeed a fun game. My daughter got married at our home this past Labor day weekend and this is one of the yard games we had for the kids....and "big" kids .... to play after the ceremony!

Have the Best of Weeks.....Rosie

kris said...

I've played this game too - it is a lot of fun!