Wednesday, September 19, 2007

It's About Time!!

This big mess started way back in April and after many phone calls we finally got top soil and grass seed today.

This area is where my garden was.
See the tree in this picture? It was a flowering pink cherry tree. Since the city damaged the roots, we think we have lost it. They said they would replace it but it won't be the same kind of tree. (doesn't seem fair does it?) I guess we shouldn't complain. At least they are replacing it.

This area used to have a small orange blossom bush. We lost that also. We can't wait to see if we get grass or not before winter. They say it isn't too late to plant it. We will keep a close eye on it and see what happens. We should have a nice green lawn next spring :)


5 comments:

ShabbyInTheCity said...

Thanks for your sentiments at my blog!
So sad about your plants. I have one of those weeping, cascading cherry trees and it is a showpiece!

Carole Burant said...

Goodness, it sure took them a long time to finish and look at your poor front yard!! They should be responsible for putting in sod and the trees that were ruined from their digging! xox

kris said...

I've been wondering about your yard. I hope the grass takes yet this fall. I did some grass seed this summer, and it really did come in pretty quickly. What a bummer about your cherry tree and orange blossom bush - that would make me kind of angry - but glad to hear they will replace the tree with something!!

Melissa said...

How very sad about the cherry tree. I would have never planted a cherry tree but our house had one when we moved in and I love it. If/when we move I will definitely grow a cherry tree.

I appreciate how philosophical you are about the loss of the tree. You have a sweet spirit.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the wishes!! Your so busy with your beautiful yard, paying off! Love the photos!