Sunday, September 07, 2008

Busy Day!

My friend Donna from work brought us some Zucchini this week. When I say Zucchini I mean ZUCCHINI! She brought us 3 of them this size. We gave one to Mom, cut one up and put it in the freezer and here is what I did with the 3rd one.
I made PEA's Zucchini Drop Cookies.
Click HERE to get her recipe.

Thanks Pea, the cookies are really good.

I also made Zucchini Bread. One loaf for us and one in the freezer for an upcoming camping trip.

While I was baking, Chris was working on other food. He made Buffalo Chicken Dip for a snack during the race. Yeah Jimmie Johnson!!!

He also used the smoker for the first time today. He made a dry rub for these boneless pork ribs.

Here is what they looked like after a few hours in the smoker.

We both enjoyed our first attempt at cooking in the smoker.

We hope you enjoyed your Sunday too.


4 comments:

Carole Burant said...

Awwwww you made my cookie recipe:-) I make those cookies every time I get fresh zucchini from the garden and even with frozen zucchini. It's funny you should have made those this weekend because I was just looking at the zucchinis I have on the counter and thinking I need to make cookies and loaves:-) xoxo

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a busy day of cooking & baking. Everything looks quite delicious though.

Melissa said...

Thanks for the award. I will try to pass it forward soon. I have about a dozen of those size zucchini in my house yet. My plants are dead though - we had a windstorm several weeks ago and that was the end of them. However, I frozen tons of zucchini soup, made two chocolate zucchini cakes and before the other veggies were produce freshness we ate zucchini 2-3 times a week for about a month and a half. :)

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

At work and drooling here...DH uses the smoker as well - the aroma fills the neighborhood and someone usually knock on the door just to "see how you are"..ah, come on in and have a taste!
The cookies and the bread look
great - I've made the bread before but not the cookies - will have to try them....(it's a vegetable on WW, right??)LOL
Colleen