Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Bloomin' Tuesday! (Driving Hubby Crazy!!)


If you have Columbine in your garden you know that it will grow just about anywhere a seed is dropped. Well for the last couple of years we have pulled these out before they get too big. It didn't work this year.
These are growing between our driveway and our foundation. There is no soil to be seen. When Chris re-sealed the driveway last year he pulled out what he could and cut down the rest.

This year they grew back bigger and fuller...
...and there are three growing now.

He just gets so mad that they are growing there.

He doesn't seem to care how pretty they are.

He says he is going to buy weed killer and see if he can get rid of them that way.

Check out the rest of the posts for this weeks "Bloomin' Tuesday" or add your name to the list by clicking HERE.


8 comments:

Aiyana said...

What a shame these have to go. If they are misplaced, then they are weeds. In the spring I have wildflowers that come up from my brick paver walkways, and I pull every one, because there are plenty more all around. It's hard though, because I admire their resiliency.
Aiyana

Jean said...

I know what you mean. I have several columbine that are not where I want them. I can't believe all the blooms. I love the closeup shot! Mom

Anonymous said...

Wow! I didn't know they'd grow like that! But I should because someone gave me the tiniest paper cup with a root in it and now it's huge! I love Columbines!
happy flowers!
xo natalea

Melissa said...

just spray them with vinegar or if you want to get fancy use vinegar and salt...

http://gardening-products.suite101.com/article.cfm/cheap_nontoxic_dandelion_killer

me said...

I've never had any luck with columbine so I'm jealous!

Rosie's Whimsy said...

What a green thumb you have and don't want it!.. Personally i'd at least let them grow until the blooms die away. Then let him have a go at the "round-up". Oh, but first scatter the seed heads somewhere they will be welcome. Good Luck :-) Rosie

Sugarplum Cottage said...

Just send them to me, I don't have any. I grew this plant when I lived in Kentucky, but haven't purchases any since i've been down here. I think they are gorgeous, just think what they will look like when the whole side of your drive is lined with them, beautiful. Hugs, RoseMarie

Ann said...

We have morning glory that does the same thing. Grows where you don't think it should grow! This is a pretty flower!