Monday, December 10, 2007

Homemade Ornaments!

All you need to make these homemade ornaments is ...
1 Cup of Cinnamon,
1 Cup of Applesauce,
and cookie cutters
Mix the applesauce and cinnamon together. (you may need to add more cinnamon as you go)

form it into a ball.

Roll it out and start cutting. (I put cinnamon down to roll it out on.)

Let them air dry for about 24 hours. (flip them over after a while so both sides dry)
I didn't use drying racks because I wasn't sure if they would leave marks on the ornaments.

Don't forget to poke holes in them before they dry so you can hang them on your tree or use them as gift tags on your presents. I have also painted them.

They smell so good. I have some that I have had for a very long time and when I get them out to put them on our tree they still smell good.


2 comments:

Carole Burant said...

I definitely have to try those, they sound so easy to make and I just love the smell of cinnamon in a house! Thank you so much for sharing the recipe!! Love the pictures of Jerzie helping out pick the right tree:-) I would love to get a real tree, I've only ever had an artificial one!! Can't wait to see yours decorated:-) xox

Melissa said...

I've always meant to make these but never have...thanks for the reminder...