Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Day Off!

We took a day off yesterday. We didn't do any work around the house. We (all 6 of us) went to moms for a picnic.
Chris cooked burgers on the grill.
We had too much food as usual. Kim and Tabatha brought two dips (chicken wing dip and spinach dip) Chris and I brought burgers, hot dogs, rolls and "homemade" black olives. Mom made potato salad, a fruit bowl and "homemade" pickles.

Baby J. is having a hot dog and bits and pieces of everything else.

After dinner we walked around moms gardens and took a few photos. (actually we took about 125 pictures for the day)

Look what we found in one of the gardens. This definitely is a flower I would pick.

These Pansies are ruffled on the edges.

After walking around the gardens we had dessert. We had 5 different ice creams to choose from. We had a nice relaxing time. We both felt rested and went back to work today. Me back to Wally World and Chris back to the darn kitchen floor.


5 comments:

Tammy said...

I've got your Mom's recipe for pickles fermenting in my fridge...I can't hardly wait to taste em! ;)

Vintage Papers said...

beautiful photos, baby and yummy food! I am glad you were able to enjoy your day!

kris said...

It sounds like you had a lovely day. Beautiful photos from your Mom's garden. And Baby J is adorable. Dinner sounds yummy!

Ann said...

Glad you had a nice holiday and day off. beautiful pictures as always.

Carole Burant said...

Well geez, if you had too much food, you coulda invited ME ya know! hehe I so love hamburgers and potato salad...yummmmm! The flowers are just gorgeous and I think I'd pick that special little one you got in there:-) xox