Monday, January 01, 2007

New Year's Day Family Party!

We have a holiday party at Moms house every year on New Years Day. Everyone in our family comes and usually brings a dish to pass. It is the only time of the year that we see some of our relatives. It is nice to be able to see them at least once a year. Today there was 27 of us there.
As usual we had too much to eat. This is the snack table. All of the regular food was in the kitchen. I couldn't get a picture of it since everyone usually stands around grazing.

Years ago, Great Grandpa used to make Tom & Jerry's on Christmas eve. We found his recipe a few years ago and make them on New Years.

They bring back memories for a lot of the family.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

From the looks of things I think you had a pretty good New Years. This Tom & Jerry drink is new to me but it looks yummy.

All the best to you in 2007.

Take care,
Connie

Jean said...

You showed food and drink I showed people! Great blinkies! Mom

TJ said...

Man that grub looks good...pass me a dish would ya??
:-D

Sharon Tomlinson said...

I love your New Years Day tradition. When I was growing up we had that same tradition. I wish we still did. All of it looks great and I absolutely love love the calendar you made. That is so special.