Saturday, November 28, 2009

No Visitors Please!

I have been sick since last Monday. As the days went by, I didn't seem to be getting any better. From the fever to the runny nose nothing seemed to let up. On Friday I called my Doctor. When I was telling the receptionist that I needed an appointment she asked what was wrong. I started to tell her my symptoms, and she said I will have a nurse call you and we will go from there. So I waited for the nurse to call. I started telling her what was going on and she just kept saying "oh boy." What does oh boy mean? It means leave it to me I got H1N1!!! Fantastic!!! I am so glad Chris and I talked and decided I should stay home for Thanksgiving this year. Between all the kids and health issues in the family we thought it would be best. I have been in the house since Sunday. I can't go back to work until my fever breaks and is gone for 24 hours. I'm working on some Christmas crafts that I can put down anytime and go rest.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Feel better soon, Laurie. I know it isn't any fun being sick!

Cedar ... said...

You will get better eventually,... I know as i had it around Halloween time. I hope it doesn't settle in your chest like mine did,.. I coughed for two weeks! Good luck!

Teresa said...

Yikes! I'll be sending well wishes your way. Hope you feel better soon. Glitter and crafts will always make you feel better.

big hugs,
Teresa

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

Oh you poor thing! Hope you're feeling better and that there is still some turkey left for you :-)

Wall-to-wall books said...

Oh no!!!! I am so sorry. I do hope you will be feeling better soon. I am a little late in reading your blog this time. I had no idea you were sick.
So far I have been "flu free".
Well, my prayers are with you!