Sunday, November 04, 2007

Green Thumb Sunday!

While on vacation, we drove by this house and had to turn the car around to get a picture. We couldn't believe how many blooms were on the morning glory vine.






We have never grown these before but may have to try next year. Chris's grandparents used to grow these every year. All of the grand kids used to pop the blooms before they had a chance to open.



Laurie is off to a craft show in Hamburg with mom today and Chris is out in the woods bow hunting again. Hope he gets more than windburn today. Hope everyone else get to enjoy their GTS doing something they want to do.


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Chris and Laurie,
This arch way looks beautiful. No wonder you stopped to take a photograph. I am definately going to get some morning glories.
I am glad you got your gift and like them.
SAra from farmingfriends

Aiyana said...

Oh my. This is lovely. It's my favorite flower--I just love the color. Sometimes I wonder if I like it so much is because we can't grow it in Arizona as it is considered an invasive weed. Happy GTS,
Aiyana

Bob said...

What a beautiful arbor with all the morning glories. Make me really want to duplicate it in my garden.

Ann said...

That is beautiful! Mine look a lot like that too! How about #48? 3 wins in a row! & #1 in the points. Can we say Championship #2???? Hurrah!

Gardenmomma Chris said...

What a treat to behold! You know, I've never grown them either. Why haven't I??? They are so beautiful. Let's do it in the Spring! Have a great week, Chris

Tammy said...

From just spying the corner of the house in the picture it looks as if it is painted to match.

So pretty!

Ya'll have a wonderful day!

Anonymous said...

Those morning glories have so many blooms it looks as though they are pulling the arbor over,
I have a wall of them in my back yard.
Beautiful photo.