Sunday, October 28, 2007

Green Thumb Sunday!

For GTS this week I thought I would show you what I do for a living. I work at Walmart in the floral department. I am the only person in the department. I decided a few days ago that I wanted to check into making fall arrangements. This is what I came up with.

A carved out pumpkin with oasis inside of it.

Real flowers, silk leaves and a bow finish them off. Some have scarecrows in them also. As of Friday when I left work I had sold five pumpkins and two Halloween arrangements. When I left, the floral case had two Halloween arrangements and three pumpkins in it. I can't wait to see if they all sold.

You will see that the pumpkins all have different prices. That is because of the price difference in the flowers.

Our district manager was at the store on the day I decided to do these. He was walking the store with our manager and I showed them what I had made. They said they looked great but they didn't seem to think that they would sell. I guess I showed them :)

I hope to be able to make more for Thanksgiving. I will keep you posted on how many I sell.

Have a great GTS!


18 comments:

Crooked Eyebrow said...

very creative! I hope they all sold.

kml said...

You do great work - should all sell hands down!

Jean said...

Love the new ones you've added! I'm glad you took pictures because I'm sure they'll all be gone when I get to the store. You're right,he rose one is very pretty!

verobirdie said...

Now I know why you like my mum's color :-)
You did a great job, and I hope you will many of them.
Thanks for visiting me.

maiylah said...

wow ... beautifully done!
thanks for the visit!
happy GTS

My GTS post

Anonymous said...

They look great. I'd buy one in a second.

Aiyana said...

They are really nice arrangements. You should get a bonus for each one you sell! It must be fun being around flowers all day, even if it's work. Happy GTS,
Aiyana

Lilli in Vancouver said...

Oh how pretty! I esp like the 3rd one, with the orange roses. You're so creative!

Carole Burant said...

If you remember, I made my own Autumn arrangement like that and have had so many compliments on it...yours are gorgeous as well and I have no doubt they will all sell. They make such a beautiful table centerpiece...I'm keeping mine on my table until the Christmas decorations come out:-) xox

Joyismygoal said...

oh good job those are so cute and well priced I hope they all sold

Gardenmomma Chris said...

Good job, Laurie! I'm so glad
you've been successful. When you work hard on something so artistic, doesn't it feel like someone judging your children??? They are so well priced. Keep up the good work and please share more in the future! Happy GTS! Chris

Tammy said...

In my opinion you need a raise!!

What do "men" know anyhow??

You have a wonderful day!

Susie said...

These are lovely! Our super WalMart doesn't have a floral dept. I think these will sell very easily.
:)

Unknown said...

What a dream job, I would really get into that! They are great, good job! I love the new look here too, how did you do it and where did you get the background?

Wicked Gardener said...

What a cool idea! Let us know if they were popular.

Anonymous said...

These fall flower arrangements are just lovely.I wish we had a wealmart with you working in it!!
You are so creative.
Sara from farmingfriends

Diana LaMarre said...

Beautiful arrangements, Laurie.

Did they all sell?

kris said...

What a fun job you have! I love your pumpkin arrangements - very creative - and at those prices I would imagine they would sell very well. Good idea!