Wednesday, May 09, 2007

What The Hell Was That???

Let us tell you what happened to us last night!! We were both sound a sleep (Most people are at 2:00 AM) and were woken up by the sound of shattering glass. We both jumped a mile, and Chris got out of bed to see what was going on. At first he thought someone had hit his truck. By the time Chris got to a window to see what was going on, the car had his headlights off and the passenger was screaming at the driver to pull away. Chris said it looked like broken glass all over the road. His truck looked fine. We tried to go back to sleep, but it didn't work too well. I have to get up at 5:00 AM to get ready for work, and I get Chris up around 6:00. I have to be at the store by 7:00 AM. Well I got up a little late today. I made it to work on time. When I got up I looked out the window. They had dropped a huge mirror in the middle of the street right in front of our driveway. All I am going to say is "like we don't know you were Street Shopping at 2:00 AM", and by the way, thanks for leaving us the mess and for waking us up!!!

Chris mowed our lawn for the first time this year. There is quite a bit less to mow right now with all the dug up parts of our lawn.


6 comments:

kris said...

Yowsa - that would have been a little bit scary! And how nice to leave the mess for you guys - not. Glad it wasn't your car or house windows tho.
How is the street project coming? Are you going to have grass or garden when they're done?

Tammy said...

I bet that was a startle...some people!!!
Your lawn looks so lush!!

Carole Burant said...

A couple of houses down from us there are teens who have a party every time the parents leave for the weekend and I don't know how many times we've been awakened by glass shattering and rowdy behaviour...the glass ends up being beer bottles smashed on the street! So, I know what you mean about being rudely awakened! Makes you wonder what people have for brains at times!! Sheesh! Great job on the mowing...ours is almost ready for its first mowing...that's a job I actually enjoy doing but my neighbours laugh at me cuz they say it looks like I'm passing the vacuum out there! lol xox

Anonymous said...

OMG... things that go bump in the night - glad you're both OK... you can send him on over to cut my lawn too :D

Unknown said...

sorry for the early wake up call!!!! Hope you get more sleep soon

Ann said...

Oh dear what a way to start the day. I had something similar happen years ago and thankfully I wasn't in bed yet. A car on our street was hit by hit & run driver at 2 am. I was up on the computer and heard the whole thing. It was scary especially since I was home alone as my husband and son were at Scout camp. It woke all the neighbors up and we had fun standing in the street! Love the green green grass!

#48 rules! What did you think of Jr's announcement today? My husband is a Jr fan and he is happy he's moving on!