Friday, April 13, 2007

Vacation!

When Kim and I were growing up, mom really didn't have a lot of money, so we didn't take many vacations. But when we did, we went to Florida. We always left on Easter Sunday and drove most of the day. We had family that lived in Florida, so we could stay for free.

Here is what the back seat usually looked like on the way to and from Florida.

If you look close, you can see Kim and I in the ocean. (our first time at the beach)

On one of our trips, we went to Silver Springs. It is a small amusement park.

Here is Kim with our adopted Grandma. (Aunt Irene ~ she was a very close family friend)

Here is a great :) photo of my brother and I. You got to love our shorts. Check out those sunglasses I am wearing. (OMG)

Here is a picture of our Poppy Bill. (Aunt Irene's husband) I'm not really sure why we called them Poppy Bill & Aunt Irene. Maybe Mom knows.

This has been a flashback of what our Easter Vacation was usually like.


3 comments:

Carole Burant said...

I want a pair of those shorts! hehe Such wonderful memories of going to Florida at Easter!! We were 5 kids (4 brothers and me) and when we'd travel, I'd be lying across the back where the back window is...try that now and the cops would stop you so fast! lol Love the pictures!! xox

Tammy said...

How lucky to get to go to Florida every year!
I would have wanted to stay in that surf!

Anonymous said...

OMG is so right...but guess what they are still in style today! Break them back out, you know you still gottem..haha :) Julie