Friday, February 16, 2007

Answers!

Sue's Question: I just love this particular type of embroidery. It looks so homey! Do you just stitch over a drawing that you've done?
Click to enlarge.
1. Find a picture on the Internet that you like. Enlarge it to the size you want. Print it out on regular paper.
2. Trace over the picture with a sharpie.
3. Place the picture on a light box or a window. Put muslin over picture and trace onto muslin with a pencil.
4. You are all ready to stitch.
Pea's Question: Which program is he using?
He makes the different layers using ArcSoft Photoimpression. He is using Microsoft Picture It to make the Blinkies.

He made the two above pictures. The only difference between them is the borders. When put together, It looks like it is moving.




Ann's Question: I like them and I like your Valentine heart background. How do you do that? and how do you make a banner for the top of the blog page? I see other sites that have custom banners and I'm confused? Any help would be appreciated.

Do you know what you would like for your background? Maybe I could help make it for you and then explain the steps. I am going to have to think on this one. It is kind of hard to explain. I will get back to you :)


4 comments:

Susie said...

Laurie,
Thanks for the answers! I may even try this!
The Pea's Corner blinkie is so cute. I'd love to have a picture for my banner, but I'm worried that I will mess up something essential and my blog will disappear or something!
:)

TJ said...

that is amazing...that little fairy looks just like our Pea!!!
Excellent!!!
:-D

Ann said...

I agree with Susie. I'm would love a picture for my banner too but I don't want to lose anything on my blog. I've finally figured out the new blogger and really like it. I just would like a custom blog something more to my personality and likes. I'll have to think about what I want. Are there websites where you can get graphics? thanks for your help!

Carole Burant said...

Ooooooooooooooooooh I LOVE IT!!!! Lol what a surprise to come visit and see the banner with my name on it! May I pleaseeeeee use it on my blog??? You know the funny part? A blogging friend of mine has told me she will help me put a banner on my blog if I find the picture I want...I think I found it!!! lol Chris, you're amazing! Hugs xox